Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 12 - First Half of Card Deck

Craft: To create these cards I began using InDesign. I used the master pages, guides, rulers, ellipse tool, the rectangle tool, the line segment tool, and the place tool.

Composition and Concept: The first step I took to create these cards, was to build an master page. I built the A Master page by first creating a rectangle of the side of the card and filled it out with a blue color. After that I placed a square layout that you can kind of see in the background. This square layout I created in Illustrator, and I wanted to use this on my cards to add a bit more of detail to them. I wanted them to look appealing to the user. After this I set up guides in the middle of the card so that I could create a perfect circle and have it placed exactly in the middle. this circle would be where I would place all the soccer players. Using the same guides I placed one player on the card because I wanted to make sure the players would also be exactly in the middle. I then set up guides in order to create the circles in the corners, and so that they would be placed exactly at the same spot in the different corners. To create the white outline shapes I setup guides so that they would be equally as far from the border all the way around. I simply created the shape by using the pen tool. After all this I created three other masters based off of Master A. I used the control+shift+click to the select the rectangle in each master to change the color. Finally I placed all the different players on the different cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment