Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 14 - Box Design


Craft: To create this box design I first downloaded the template from makeplayingcards.com. To create the illustrations that I used I simply used the pen tool, and the ellipse tool.

Composition and Concept: Aside from the players I created all the illustrations from scratch. To create the grass I made a long triangle with a gradient that contained different shades of green. I did it this way because I found that if I used the same shade of green then it wouldn't even resemble grass. I then duplicated it until I had enough to cover the entire grass area. For the ball I traced a picture of a soccer ball. For the net I created the post with the pen tool, but the hard part was creating the net. I ended up using the rectangle tool for that. I just had to make really thin rectangles and place them so that the resemble an actual net. For the soccer balls I used the same one that I already had and just duplicated it. I used guides to make sure they were placed in a straight line. I was surprised with the lights because when I was working on them in Illustrator I could not see the shadow so I just stopped and was going to place them in InDesign. When I did you could actually see the shadow, and I was glad because that was what I was trying to achieve. For the Goal! signs I created the shapes out of scratch. I used guides to make sure they were symmetrical. I added a gold border to the shapes just small enough to make it stand out. I made the background black because the concept for this box was to keep it simple and cool, and I think I achieved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment